Orthodontic Treatment in Darch
Achieve A Straighter Smile With Our Advanced Orthodontic Treatment
With orthodontic treatment, you can straighten your teeth and improve the function of your teeth. Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry concerned with misaligned teeth and their treatment. Orthodontic treatment may be beneficial for a child or adult who has malocclusion, crooked teeth, or bruxism. It can help manage poor tooth positioning. Darch Dental Centre offers world-class orthodontic treatment from our experienced team of dentists.
Our Orthodontics Services
Darch Dental Centre
50 Years of Combined Experience
Range of Payment Options
FAQ's About Orthodontic Treatments
Treatments for orthodontic issues may enhance your quality of life with the following benefits:
- Orthodontic treatment reduces your chances of developing dental problems. Bad bites can lead to oral health issues such as tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss. Teeth that are straight and aligned are easier to clean, and food particles are less likely to accumulate in your mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment can improve your oral function. You will be able to speak, bite, and chew more efficiently once your jaws and bite are correctly aligned.
- Orthodontics can benefit your overall physical health. Without being able to chew and bite effectively, your body may not be able to absorb all the nutrients from food. Unaddressed health issues may lead to further complications.
- Straighter teeth can boost your confidence. People who are comfortable with their smiles are generally more confident. We need healthy teeth and a beautiful smile for our physical and emotional well-being and our self-esteem.
Straightening your teeth can be accomplished with either clear aligners or dental braces. They both gradually move your teeth into their ideal positions by applying pressure to them. Their similarities end there, however. There are some notable differences between clear aligners and traditional braces:
- In traditional metal braces, brackets are attached to each tooth, and wires connect them. Clear aligners, on the other hand, are almost invisible. They are made from a smooth plastic material that fits snugly over your teeth and is comfortable to wear long-term.
- Although the price of clear aligners varies based on the complexity and length of treatment, they are generally more affordable than braces. Sometimes, however, clear aligners can be more expensive than braces.
- Unlike traditional braces, clear aligners are removable. They are only required to be worn 22–23 hours a day. People wearing braces should avoid sticky foods and crunchy snacks. Clear aligners, on the other hand, can be removed when eating, so there are no food restrictions.
- Clear aligners are only recommended for mild to moderate orthodontic issues. Your dentist may recommend traditional braces for severe cases.
In orthodontics, natural teeth are straightened or moved in order to improve the appearance and function of the teeth. In addition, it can protect the long-term health of your gums, teeth, and jaw joints by spreading the biting pressure across all your teeth.
When the dentist uses appliances such as braces or clear aligners, gentle, controlled forces are applied to the teeth to guide them to their ideal positions gradually over time. Bones wear down and rebuild during this period, leading to tooth movement. Following braces or clear aligners, patients usually wear retainers to allow the new bone to harden and support the new positions of their teeth.
A general dentist may perform orthodontic treatment. Sometimes, you may be referred to an orthodontist, a dental specialist in aligning teeth and jaws.
Orthodontic treatment times can vary considerably from one patient to another. The length of this dental treatment depends on several factors, including the severity of the issue, your age, and your oral health.
A detailed treatment plan will be devised by your dentist that addresses all of your orthodontic issues. Treatment may take months, or it may take a few years. The average length of time for treatment is between 12 and 36 months.
Depending on your specific orthodontic treatment needs as well as your dental condition, your treatment price will vary. In general, clear aligners cost between $3,000 and $7,000, depending on your treatment goals.
Visit our dental clinic to have your smile evaluated by Darch Dental Centre for optimal results and to receive a customised treatment plan estimate.