Scale & Clean in Darch
Keep your dental health in check with a regular scale and clean from Darch Dental Centre. A clean and healthy mouth can lead to a more enjoyable life!
Scale and clean for healthy teeth
Benefits of a Scale and Clean
- Scale and clean treatments can reduced the unsightly stains on your teeth caused by coffee, tea, wine, and tobacco. Our experienced dentists at Darch Dental Centre will make sure you get the best results possible in a safe and comfortable environment.
- A scale and clean procedure helps remove the build-up of tartar and plaque on your teeth. This is the leading cause of gum disease, so getting this done regularly is recommended.
- Bad breath can be reduced or eliminated by scale and cleans since they get rid of the bacteria that cause the problem. At Darch Dental Centre, we use the latest technology and techniques to get the job done right, so you can feel confident about your smile.
- A scale and clean is an affordable way to keep your teeth healthy. Maintaining good oral health and having a scale and clean on a regular basis can help you avoid spending a lot of money on other dental procedures.
Darch Dental Centre
Experienced and Gentle Dentists
Multiple Payment Options
FAQ's About Scale & Clean
A regular scale and clean by a dentist is essential to oral health for many reasons:
- It helps to remove tartar, a build-up of plaque on the teeth that has hardened. This can lead to gum disease if not removed, as it provides a perfect environment for bacteria to grow.
- A scale and clean also helps to prevent bad breath, as tartar can cause an unpleasant odour.
- In addition, it can help remove any surface staining on the teeth, giving them a brighter appearance.
Many people worry that a scale and clean will be painful, but the procedure is usually relatively comfortable. Your dentist will use a local anaesthetic to numb your gums before starting the procedure. You may feel some pressure during the cleaning, but it should not be painful. If you do experience any discomfort, be sure to let your dentist know so they can adjust their technique.
Your dentist will usually start by removing plaque deposits caught on or between the teeth. An ultrasonic scaler will be used to loosen and remove the sticky substance. This is followed by a therapeutic wash and flush, which uses a small spray of cool water to eliminate plaque and food particles between your teeth.
Next, plaque and tartar will be scraped off your teeth using a small tool called a scaler. At this point, an ultrasonic cleaner can also be used to clean below the gum line. Once all the surfaces of your teeth are smooth, your dentist will polish them. For polishing, a slow-speed handpiece is used with a soft rubber cup that rotates at the end. Prophylaxis paste is scooped into a cup and rubbed on the teeth to make them shiny and smooth.
Fluoride treatments are usually offered after a scale and clean. Your dentist will apply a fluoride-infused gel to the surface of your teeth to protect them from bacteria and acid. You will be instructed to swish the fluoride gel around in your mouth for 30-60 seconds. You will then be asked to spit out as much as you can. Fluoride strengthens enamel surfaces by protecting them from the acids in tartar and plaque. In the 30 minutes following the fluoride application, patients should avoid eating, drinking, or rinsing their mouths.
Good oral hygiene is essential for keeping your mouth, teeth, and gums healthy. There are a few simple things you can do to take care of your oral health:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day to remove plaque and food particles from between them.
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and professional cleanings.
By following these simple steps, you can help keep your mouth healthy and free of disease.
A routine dental examination with a scale and clean can cost between $170 and $220, depending on your dental needs and plaque build-up. If an x-ray is needed, the price will likely range from $250 to $350.