Emergency Dentist in Darch
Our Emergency Dentist provides the immediate dental care you need
Our dentists at Darch Dental Centre are here for you when you need us most. An available dentist during a dental emergency provides immediate treatment to patients who are experiencing dental pain or other signs and symptoms. They are trained in quickly diagnosing and determining the type of dental treatment needed in an emergency. Darch Dental Centre provides urgent dental care for patients with toothaches, bleeding gums, infections, chipped teeth, knocked-out teeth, and other dental issues requiring immediate attention. Our dentists are experienced in providing emergency treatment and will work to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
What's Considered as Dental Emergencies?
Darch Dental Centre
Convenient Payment Options
Gentle, Pain-free Dentistry
FAQ's About Dental Emergencies
These are some of the most common causes of dental emergencies:
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Making sure you take proper care of your teeth will help you avoid dental emergency visits to the dentist. It’s important to brush twice a day, floss regularly, and visit the dentist on a regular basis. Skipping any of these activities can result in dental problems such as cavities or infections. Regular dental visits are necessary to keep your teeth healthy since they can identify and address any potential problems before they become dental emergencies.
- Trauma: Trauma from falls, sports incidents, or vehicular accidents can cause teeth to break or be knocked out. During contact sports or activities with a high fall risk, wearing a custom mouthguard is recommended to ensure your mouth is protected from injury.
- Poor Dietary Habits: A diet high in carbohydrates, starches, and sugars contributes to plaque buildup. Bacteria in plaque release acids that erode your teeth’s enamel. Changing your diet is the key to reducing the damage, although regular brushing and flossing can also help. Be sure to eat plenty of vegetables, lean protein, and healthy carbohydrates.
Abscesses are serious dental infections that can be painful and uncomfortable. They can occur when a tooth is infected and filled with pus. It’s usually caused by decay or a broken or chipped tooth. During an infection, pus collects inside a tooth, causing swelling and pain.
If you have any symptoms of a tooth abscess, see a dentist as soon as possible. A tooth abscess doesn’t heal by itself. It is essential to drain the infection from your mouth quickly so that it does not spread. The infection may become severe without treatment. It’s even possible that you’ll contract sepsis, an infection that can be fatal.
Although there is no way to avoid dental emergencies completely, there are steps we can take to reduce their occurrence:
- Preventing dental emergencies begins with good oral hygiene. Make sure you brush, floss, and use mouthwash on a regular basis.
- You can also safeguard your oral health by investing in preventive care. Visit Darch Dental Centre regularly so we can help you avoid dental emergencies. We will be able to identify any potential problems before they become emergencies.
- If you engage in contact sports or other activities with a high fall risk, make sure your mouth is protected with a custom mouthguard.
- Do not bite down on hard foods such as ice, which can damage your teeth and fillings. When you open packages or bottles, don’t use your teeth, as the pressure you put on your teeth can cause cracks and fractures.
- Get a minor toothache checked because it could become more severe if left untreated.